Bethany Best & Associates is seeking an experienced Music Therapist to join our team in the provision of music therapy services to clients within Brisbane.
You’ll be responsible for the planning and service delivery of music therapy programs to clients who have a variety of neurological conditions, intellectual impairments and health challenges. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to grow your case load, engage in peer supervision, engage in education and community activities and liaise with other health care professionals.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the field of Music Therapy
- Current registration with the AMTA Inc.
- Excellent clinical and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Current QLD driver’s licence.
Completion of Neurological Music Therapy (NMT) training and experience working with clients who have a neurological condition will be highly regarded.
Job title: Registered Music Therapist
Reports to: Owner/Senior Music Therapist, Bethany Best
- Provide high quality, goal-based therapy sessions to individuals across the lifespan.
- Develop individual session plans that address client program goals.
- Maintain case notes and clinical documentation for your case load.
- Regular attendance and contribution to weekly team meetings.
- Demonstrate proficient therapeutic and professional skills to all clients of Bethany Best & Associates.
- Maintain all mandatory requirements (listed below).
- Registered Music Therapist with the Australian Music Therapy Association (AMTA).
- Are a current and active Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and Working with the Aged Check (Yellow Card) holder.
- Current drivers license for own mode of transport for client location based sessions.
- Completion of Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) training.
- Neurologic client case-load experience.
- Professional, reliable and highly effective communicator.
To apply, please complete the application by answering the questions below and uploading your resume.